The Indigenous History, Culture & Current Trends provides a foundation to understanding the unique relationship existing between Indigenous people and Canadians. This training is intended to promote change within the individual, workplace, organization and community. By providing an overview of Indigenous worldviews, enhancing self-awareness through experiential learning and increasing knowledge of historical contexts, attendees will be able to better understand how to establish healthy relationships between Indigenous and non-Indigenous peoples in Canada.
Indigenous Cultural Competency Training
This full-day training will provide Indigenous and non-Indigenous attendees with an overview on today’s Indigenous culture and how the historical and current experiences shape misinformed views of Indigenous people.
This session will cover:
- Existing trends and socioeconomic conditions impacting Indigenous Communities
- Define terminology of Indigenous People of Canada
- Major historical events from Indigenous perspectives
- Impacts of the Indian Act, Indian Residential Schools and the Sixties (60s) Scoop
- Increase self awareness of inter-generational trauma and how to apply that to your employment, community and/or family
- Create self awareness the will support in establishing relationships with Indigenous communities
- Receive resources that will support further self directed learning
For more information, please contact Eric Johnston at email@example.com or 416-964-9087 X224.
March 11th 2020
April 15th 2020
May 13th 2020