The Senior’s Program is designed to provide a supportive environment for Aboriginal people residing in the Toronto area though the delivery of client centered services enabling them to live independently in their homes. To keep the circle strong the Senior’s Program is committed to addressing the physical, mental, emotional and spiritual needs of Aboriginal people.
The Senior’s Program is delivered by certified Personal Support Workers including coordinating efforts and linkages with various existing programs and services within Toronto.
- To respect traditional and contemporary Aboriginal approaches to wellness
- To assist Aboriginal seniors to maintain optimum health, wellbeing and independence in their respective homes
- To ensure that all clients have access to a comprehensive continuum of service delivery within the community
- To assist clients to effectively utilize available community supports where available and appropriate
- Medical Transportation
- Diabetes Support Group Coordination
- Personal Support Worker Services
- Shopping Club
- Security and Reassurance Checks
- Social Activities
- Advocacy Measures
- Assistance with ADL – Activities of Daily Living
- Palliative Care Supports
- Congregate Dining
Seniors Program Hours
Monday to Friday
For Indigenous Seniors 59+
If you have any questions regarding this program and its services please contact Case Manager, Christine Lynn at 416-964-9087 x304 or firstname.lastname@example.org. For a list of various events, please check our Events Calendar.
Funding for the Senior’s Program has been provided by the provincial Local Health Integration Networks (LHIN).